Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 119...Thankful for One on One Time

There is just something special about having that one on one time with your children.  Tonight it was my little man and I hanging out at home.  Josh took Hadley out for a daddy/daughter date and I was excited to just have some time with Landry.  Of course my idea of hanging out would be him snuggling under a blanket with me on the couch while I read him books or watching a Christmas movie, but as any normal 3 yr. old he wanted to run around, chase the dog, anything but snuggling with me.  I am thankful for my little boy and that he is healthy to be able to run around and chase the dog.  I am thankful for his deep belly laughs that appear out of nowhere while we are playing.  I am thankful that he loves elephants right now and his expressions when he watches them on TV.   I am thankful for these precious times even though in the moment sometimes I feel like I may pull my hair out because he refuses to try to pee before bed and will just stand there and laugh.  I am thankful for his sweet prayer before bed and that he will only kneel down, bow his head, and fold his hands before he will pray.  I am thankful for this because he is developing his own way of doing things, loves his routine, and he's shaping into a young man.  I am so thankful for my son, thankful for these nights, thankful for his kissable cheeks, and his big smile.  God is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment