Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 117...Impromptu Family Reunion

Today was such a sweet day!  I found out last night that all of my cousins were coming to visit my 'ole stompin' grounds to have a get together for Christmas.  So at the last minute, I jumped on the road along with my daughter and we drove a few hours to see everyone! I am so glad we did. It was the first time we have gotten together for a joyous occasion rather then for funerals.  I really wish we could see more of each other, we have so much in common, it is so neat to see our kids playing together, and today it was bittersweet because my uncle's were not there, but as my cousin said, their dad would be so happy that we all got together.  I am thankful for a well spent non-planned day with my family, a nice drive and Christmas shopping with my girl, and to end it listening to beautiful music at church tonight (that is until we had to leave due to my rambunctious son who wasn't into "listening quietly" to the music).  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment