Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 109...Making A Snowman and Sledding Is More Important Than A Test




My morning started out a bit overwhelming as I thought about my test. It is a Saturday, a day meant to spend with my husband and kids, a day of rest, a day of making memories, not spending the day at my desk studying. I was feeling guilty that my family was heading out to play in the "first snow" of the season and I was staying in, but after getting the kids bundled up and they went out, I thought, forget it, I'm going out too! 
I am so glad I did! I am so thankful that we had snow, thankful for the excitement on my kids faces, and thankful that I realized spending time with my kids is more important then this test. I am not being wreck less in choosing play over test, I am realizing that while it's important I study, my kids still come first.  This was also a huge step in facing my anxiety head on.  When I get stressed I tend to get grumpy and on edge, which then comes out in my tone with my kids and husband, which isn't fair nor loving at all.  I was getting like this this morning until I went out to play and it immediately took away my anxiousness.  It was replaced with laughter, joy, and wet and cold hands and faces.  Thank you God for this time of play and realization. These photos do not need any captions as they speak for themselves!
Hadley did name this itty bitty snowman- Ollie










No comments:

Post a Comment