Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 113...The Joy of Giving on Crappy Days

Today was just one of those terrible days where you end up incredibly grumpy on top of being tired and have a million things to do with a 13+hr work day the next day.  Yes, this was my day today.  I wanted nothing more then to come home from school, get my pjs on, eat some dinner, and curl up with my kids and have some peace.  It is now nearly 11pm, the first I have sat down since I woke up at 5am today.  However, despite that I dread grocery shopping, which was on my list tonight, other errands were taking my daugther and dropping off the gifts we purchased for angel tree, shopping for supplies needed for our local place Good Works that serves people without a home, and purchasing gifts for one more child.  I was amazed at just how Hadley loved doing this.  Sometimes I wonder if she is really all about what "she gets" and not realizing how blessed she is, but on nights like tonight, her loving and giving heart was just overflowing.  What amazed me was not only was she saying that we should buy things for people but she was so thoughtful in what we got and why we should get those items.  She forgot the list of things in the car, but in her head she had already carefully read the list and thought through what she wanted to get.  I am so glad that not only is her class collecting these items but they are actually taking the items to Good Works tomorrow and will be delivering them and walking through the house to see it and meet some of the people staying there.  Hadley is very excited to be serving these people and we had really geat talks about it tonight.  I am thankful for my daughter and her loving and giving heart, but mostly that she has a JOYFUL heart.  I am thankful for being with her tonight and serving others, and serving God which puts things into perspective; my day was not really all that bad at all.  Thankful!

1 comment: