Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 118...Thankful We Have Plenty and Then Some..

As everyone this time of year, we think of the poor and the children who may not receive gifts at Christmas, we bring in food for families, etc.  Sadly, and I am guilty of this as well, this is sometimes the only time that the poor and needy are thought of, and taken care of.  Since I have started teaching this year in a very poor area I have had my eyes opened a bit more as to how some children really live.  Some of the students there do not have parents, do not have a warm place to live, and this is everywhere, but I have never been in daily contact with it.  It literally breaks my heart and I wish I could bring those students home with me.  So yes this year, I am even more thankful for all the things that my family and I have.  I mean, we really have so much more then we really need.  My prayer is that as a mom, that I instill this in my children of just how blessed we are and that we should always be willing to share and be giving with a joyful heart.  There are days where I feel like nothing has sunk in with Hadley, and that she is just this little girl who wants everything her friends have.  However, then there are days like today where her big giving heart shines through and then I realize, she is a kid, an imperfect person just like me.   We are imperfect people who do sinful things, and being selfish is one of those, does it mean we have bad hearts? I don't think so, we need Jesus, just like everyone else. I am thankful for all that God has provided, incredibly thankful. I am thankful that my children's basic needs are met and then some.  I am thankful for moments like today when I see Hadley's love of God shine through to other people, especially to people she has never met.  Thank you God for all that you have given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment