Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 106 - Thankful for Catch Up Talks With My Man

It's been a long day....at some parts of the day I wasn't sure if I'd make it due to not feeling great and extremely tired, but alas I did.  Some days I feel as if our lives are so crazy and chaotic that it is not until I go to bed that I realize I haven't really talked to my husband, a real conversation. Sure we talk about what is for dinner, how was work, when is the last time Landry went to the bathroom, all over our kids running around, screaming, crying, you get the picture, etc.  Tonight after the kids were in bed and I took a break from work, we finally had a few minutes to ourselves and we chatted.  It was not so much about the kids but more of what he would like for his birthday coming up, gun safes, dogs, and then our daugther came in..lol.  In all seriousness, I am thankful for that 10 minute window of really talking.  This is why we cherish our date nights so much. :)  Thank you God for a husband who is also my best friend and we get to have these chats!

No comments:

Post a Comment