Sunday, December 22, 2013

Children Singing= Joy... Day 124

I absolutely loved the way our church did the children's Christmas program this year.  Instead of having several practices they just practiced tonight an hour before the real program! It was fantastic.  The kids sang great, there were some very funny moments, and the best part was it still brought the message of  why we celebrate Christmas-Jesus birth.  There was no stress of taking kids to practice during this crazy time do year.  Today I was feeling pretty anxious and worried about Landry being sick with new symptoms today, but after watching Hadley and the other kids singing and dancing - having pure joy took all my worries away for awhile.   I am thankful that God reminds me of His joy through children.  I am thankful that He uses children to help me focus on Him rather then worry.
I am also thankful for connecting with a lady from church tonight while the kids practiced.  I knew who she was because she is on staff at church, but she had never met me.  I am normally not very outgoing when it comes to meeting new people, but I over heard her saying she was going to a coffee shop and I asked if she minded if I joined her.  That was really stepping out of my comfort zone,  but it was a great hour spent talking about life over a peppermint bark latte.  God is good even when there are times of worry. 
I love the expression on Hadley's face when she walked on stage tonight.  She was an angel in the program and sang and danced with joy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment