Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Snuggles...Nothing Like Them From My Children..Day 51

If I could wish one thing, it would be that my children would never be too old to sit on my lap and snuggle. Landry was having a rough evening, very tired but didn't want to actually go to sleep.  We were doing our nightly routine and nothing would satisfy him, which left him in tears.  So I asked him if he wanted me to hold him and he said in the most pitiful but sweet voice, "Yeah please."  So I picked up his 40 lb body and stood and rocked him singing Jesus Loves Me.  It is like his head still after being almost 3 fits perfectly in the crook of my neck.  I am so thankful Landry wanted to snuggle, hug and kiss me, it is priceless.  I literally had been going non-stop since 5am and it was then 8pm, so when I was holding him and moved to the rocking chair, it allowed me to stop, sit, and breathe for the first time all day.  I am so thankful for that time.  I am thankful that I have babies to hold, sing to, and rock.
I am thankful that when Hadley came home from small group at church, that she just wanted to lay next to me and talk about our day, her excitement for an upcoming birthday party and that she just simply missed me and wanted to be next to me.  I am one joyful momma tonight! God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment