Friday, October 25, 2013

Fun Family Movie, Pizza, and Tickling Night..Day 66

Tonight was simply relaxed and sweet.  We didn't have any plans so we did an impromptu Halloween movie/pizza night.  We got dressed in our jammies and snuggled on the couch with times of pausing to be tickled and the kids getting chased by their "monster" daddy!  It was a pure joy to hear them laugh, hard laughs, find a super hard place to hide from ther dad, have their look of terror but then burst out in that deep belly laugh when he would grab them and tickle them.  I am so thankful for laughter, it truly is good for the soul.  I am thankful that my husband is such an amazing and fun dad who will drop everything to spend time with our kids.  I am thankful for our sweet prayer moments when all of us get on our knees and bow are heads to pray by one of our kids beds each night.  Our prayers were different tonight in that while Josh was praying, Landry began praying his sweet little prayer he always says out loud, it was such a precious and sweet sound hearing both of their voices praying to God at the same time.  I think often times we feel we have to be so still and quiet with only one person saying a prayer, but in reality, God hears all of our prayers, millions of us, at the same time and I bet it is such a sweet sound in His ear as tonight was in mine.  I pray that both our children will develop this habit of talking to God daily as we as parents try to do and instill in them.  I am thankful for my family, for this night of rest, and play.  God is good!
Precious kiddos enjoying pizza and our Spooky Buddies movie

Beautiful Hadley singing us her song she wrote today

Landry last night proud of himself for putting the cupcake papers in for me and carrying the pan to me 

No comments:

Post a Comment