Saturday, October 19, 2013

Celebrating a Wonderful Lady on My Last Day of Reaching My Goal of 60 Days of Thankfulness

I have reached my goal today - 60 Days of Thankfulness! It has been one of the most life changing 60 days full of ups and downs, but all the while experiencing what it truly means to have joy in my life.  I want to thank all of you who have joined me on this journey, who have prayed and encouraged me!  I have decided to keep writing and sharing what I am thankful for everyday.  I do not know how long I will keep writing everyday, but as of now, I can't imagine not writing down what I am thankful for each day.
Today we celebrated Nanny's birthday. Anyone that knows her even if they aren't related, knows her as Nanny.  She is truly a remarkable woman, who is always thinking of others before herself.  She always makes sure everyone has their plate of food and cup of coffee before sitting down to eat.  She always puts a lot of thought over what gifts to buy for people and never asks for anything for herself.  Nanny is a rare and true gem who has truly impacted our family and especially our children.  I can remember the first day I met her when Josh brought me home on a weekend in college.  When I walked into her house she greeted me with a huge hug and kiss on the cheek, and from then on, no matter if I had just seen her hours before, she still greets me this same way.  I have never felt like a "granddaughter in-law" from her, she has always treated me as part of the family.  I have learned a lot from her and I love her immensely.  Thank you God for creating this beautiful lady!  God, you are good!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I say go for 100 days! What's 40 more days after you've already done 60! Love you!

    ReplyDelete