Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Waiting Up for Mommy...Day 173

"I've been waiting up all of this time to hug you mommy!" said my tired little girl tonight. I had been gone studying most of the evening and Hadley had missed me, she had waited until I got home which was past her bedtime.  Hearing those words when I went in to kiss her goodnight, were as sweet as honey.  I am thankful she waited up for me, thankful that we spent the next half hour talking, really talking about mature things, asking questions about church, baptism, communion, and being kind to others.  I was surprised her and I both were awake enough to discuss such things after 9:30pm.  I am thankful that even though it is nearly 11pm, she came back in to tell me she can't get to sleep, only to secretly sneak in another hug.  Sometimes God knows just when you need that extra hug and encouragement that you are indeed loved.  He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment