Monday, February 17, 2014

Our Family Valentine's Dinner..Day 178 of Thankfulness

In the past since I stayed home with my kiddos, on Valentine's Day I would make them heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes for their breakfast.  Now that I leave for work at 6:15 and Valentine's was on a weekday, we made it into a dinner, which is a few days late due to our crazy schedules.  I had set the table, lit candles, excited to have a nice meal, but then of course just because you have something planned, doesn't mean your kids will follow suit.  One kid was sent to their room, the other took the silverware that I had set the table with and begin using them as drum sticks, etc. you know the drill, it was anything but the "quiet" family candlelight dinner. :)  I didn't let it ruin our evening, in fact, Josh and I just sord of laughed and proceeded.  Our dinner ended up being nice, fun, and some what relaxing.  I am thankful we had this night and thankful we started a new tradition as a family.  Another new tradition we started was that instead of giving each other a little valentine gift, we chose an act of kindness that we will do for each family member, even the dogs per request of Hadley. :)
I loved to hear Hadley's thinking and why she chose her acts of kindess for each member, in fact, they are pretty tough ones for a 7 yr. old to accomplish.  I am proud of her.  Thankful for making tonight a special memory.
No she isn't drinking wine, cherry juice in a wine glass :)
Landry taking it all in while scarfing down his new homemade dairy free blueberry pancakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment