Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sometimes You Just Have to Say Forget the Laundry and Get Down on the Floor - Day 180

One of the things I need to be better at is forgetting about the housework and get on the floor and play. We sort of have a routine when we are home at night that after dinner, Josh plays with the kids while I clean up, pack lunches, do the laundry, and get ready for the next day.  Tonight Josh had to go back to work and I was folding laundry, little man came in looking for daddy and was so sad that I decided that the laundry could wait.  My little man needed me to play and I wanted to play. I told him mommy would come play and his big crocodile tears turned into pure joy, his face it up!  "Yay, mommy come play with me - come mommy!" He held out his hand to take me into the playroom. We played with our puppy, we pretended to sleep and wake up, we tickled, we sang, and most of all we laughed! That was so much more fun then folding laundry. :)  Thankful for my little guy. Thankful for the reminder that you just have to say forget it and get down on the floor with your kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment