Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 165 - Snow Day and Small Group Thankfulness

What a beautiful beautiful snow fall we had! This has been the biggest snow of 8 inches since we moved to Athens 6 yrs ago, and it was so fun to be in it today! It is fun to hear the kids laughing and screaming as they sled down the hills, the crying of the little ones just because, and to see the smiles as they build and dress the snowmen.  I am thankful for this day of fun with my kids, neighbors, and friends! I am also thankful for the workout of shoveling our driveway!
Another thing that I am so grateful for today is our new marriage small group we joined at our church! I think it is incredibly neat how God places certain people in a group for a reason.  Any time you join a new place where community is a big part, whether it is a church, job, sports, etc., feeling connected is huge and it takes time and it is scary! I am so thankful that we have found that "connection" at our church and incredibly excited to see how our new friendships develop.  Who would've thought that the coffee shop that I call my second home, the owners are our group leaders? Very cool! Also, a couple we met last Spring at an open house, are the house hosts for our group?  I am so thankful for these people, thankful that we are doing this life thing called "marriage" together, praying for each other, laughing, sipping coffee, and simply being a community.  Feeling so blessed and thankful tonight.

He decided to dump his yogurt on his head - all you cold do is laugh and give this kid a bath

Sweet Hadley girl




No comments:

Post a Comment