Saturday, September 14, 2013

Everything's Better with Someone By Your Side...Day 26 of Thankfulness

I firmly agree that when it comes to anything remotely challenging, stressful, uneasy; having someone who loves and cares for you to walk alongside of you just makes it easier.  I have been studying, preparing for this dang test and keep missing it by 1 or a few points and it's getting down to the wire that I pass it in a few weeks. It's been this huge dark cloud hanging over me for months, getting in the way of being able to spend time with my family, enjoying my hobbies, and teaching. Studying for every possible historic event in the world since 500 B.C. is very daunting and quite frankly I am tired of researching all of this.  Just as I was close to having a meltdown and feeling defeated; my hubby came to my rescue.  I am so incredibly thankful for his relaxed, logical, laid back personality, especially in situations such as this.  I am thankful that he let me vent my frustrations. I am thankful he doesn't judge me or think I am not smart because I can't pass this test. I am thankful he encourages me.  There is one thing he said to me tonight to where at first I was a little annoyed because I thought he felt like I may not pass it again, but that wasn't it at all. (If only I could quit jumping to assumptions. :) ) He said, "If you do not pass this time, it's not the end of the world. We will be okay, you will be okay." What he meant when he said this was a lot of things: he loves me no matter what my test score is, it doesn't change who I am as a person, it doesn't define my ability to be a great teacher, and we'll study more for the next time.  Isn't he amazing? I am thankful that he is staying up with me tonight to go through each and every question on my practice tests, google topics, make me my favorite fall/winter night snack (hot chocolate with marshmallows), and to just be here with me during this daunting task.  I am thankful I have a partner to share this with, this study session just got a lot sweeter! Thankful that God made Josh just for me!  God is surely good all the time!

One other thing I am thankful for are the beautiful sunsets we have here in Athens. I was driving on Rt. 33 towards Athens tonight and the sky was layered with clouds and so many warm colors. I tried to take a picture to capture the stunning sky, but I was driving and it didn't turn out so great, but you can see part of what I am describing.  God is an amazing artist!

Hadley's laugh and smile - so incredibly thankful for her. We had a fun moment using my photo booth app. Here is a freaky but funny picture of us!





No comments:

Post a Comment