Monday, September 23, 2013

A Monday Fall Drive and Do-Overs....Day 35

Monday is usually the day everyone dreads; back to work; mundane schedule.  Since going back to work full time and having the career I've always wanted, I haven't found myself dreading Monday's...yet, and I hope that continues.  While I didn't dread today, I am very tired.  I made the mistake of staying up until midnight grading tests and finishing up my lesson plans; there just doesn't seem to be enough hours and days on a weekend to get everything done.  Despite being very tired, today was a pretty good day.  I had forgotten that the weather was suppose to be glorious today since I walked in school while the sun was coming up this morning and hadn't walked out until late this afternoon; but there it hit me as I stepped outside; the Fall crisp air with the warm rays of sunshine! I literally took a deep breath and thought, "Wow, what a beautiful day!"
It was then I decided I am going to make my drive home with the radio up and my windows down; it was fantabulous!  I am so thankful for Fall, the crispness, changing of leaves; reminds me of change and do-overs; which happens to be what I am in the midst of in my heart, soul, and mind.  I am in the midst of changing over to have JOY rather then anxiousness and fear and stress and I am getting a do-over at life.  God is so good!
Landry- JOY update:  Landry has clicked with a few teachers more then others and other students more then others.  One particular teacher happens to be the next oldest group up and happens to be where he has made a few friends.  So he was moved up to this class to see how he would do, if he would respond better in socializing with his peers along with following directions a bit better.  He was placed with a partner who is about a year older then he is and this student was his buddy, helping him with things, holding his hand in line, etc.  When I picked him up I heard nothing but great feedback for Landry! Whoo hoo! He even went to the potty on his own without asking for help- HUGE change!!! Seriously overjoyed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment