Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 248- Words of Affirmation

Words of affirmation are good for the soul.  When someone goes out of their way to tell you something they appreciate about you, how nice you look, how special you are to them, etc., it can just really make someone's face and heart light up.  Today was one of those days for me.  I had a student come up and give me a hug and a bracelet she made me and she said , " I love you Mrs.Lynch!" This made my morning.  I had friends leave me messages today just saying they missed and loved me and were thinking about me, along with a voicemail from a dear friend.  I am so thankful for those people in my life who go out if their way just to tell or write me those things.  Even though we know that our family and friends care about us, there is just something incredibly special and meaningful when you hear those words spoken directly to you .  Thankful for hearing those words today, I needed it.  I only hope I can be better at speaking or writing words of affirmation to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment