Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 236- Baking Chocolate Cake Late Tonight With My Girl

I am thankful for this beautiful day. I have a love/hate relationship with Spring. I love that all is new.  There are new trees, new flowers, green grass, new hope as we celebrate Easter.  I hate Spring because there are new trees, flowers blooming, and grass growing because it makes me feel miserable.  The lovely itchy eyes, nose, face, throat, stuffed up, coughing, and this year a horrible sore throat.  However, after spending a little bit of time outside this afternoon with my girl walking our puppy and walking by the river looking at the cherry blossom trees that are almost in bloom.  I figure my girl is worth it. :)  That being said, since I was outside, I then began to feel horrible with an incredible headache and ready for bed.  Tomorrow we are going to visit my grandparents, dad, and my brother and his family.  Last weekend my grandma turned 79 and so I told Hadley we should make her a made from scratch chocolate cake.  The evening slipped away and it was 10pm, which meant I was utterly exhausted and not in the mood to make a cake.  I had suggested that we not make the cake tonight but she insisted and just literally wanted to spend some time her me; her momma baking a cake.  It was lovely.  She was measuring, cracking eggs, stirring, and of course, licking the batter.  When we were finished, she gave me a huge hug and told me how fun it was to bake this cake together and that she really loved me.  Melted my heart.  I am so glad and thankful that we stayed up and baked this cake.  Blessed to have my Hadley girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment