Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 228- Singing

Singing can most definitely help bring some peace to my soul.  It has been a crummy few weeks and after a crappy afternoon, I decided to crank Pink in the car and sing.  I love to do this while driving but rarely get to with the kids in the car (listening to Pink or my music that is), but when I listen to Pink it just really helps release anger and frustration.  She is such a talented singer and songwriter and I just love that she holds nothing back when she writes her songs.  She doesn't care what she says, she just writes what she feels based on what season of life she is in.  I am thankful for the five minute drive by myself and being able to turn the music up loud and sing.
I am also thankful that I had worship band practice at church tonight.  Singing songs that talk about God's love, grace, and forgiveness immediately fills my heart with peace.  Worship songs have always been a huge part of my life whether I am listening or singing them, and I am so thankful that I can find God's peace and comfort through those songs.
Thankful for music and the power it has.  Thankful for the peace it brings.  Thankful I can meet God while singing these songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment