Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 244 - Believing - Worth

As I was sitting at my "second" home for 12+ hours today, I came across this quote.  I know that many of us struggle with this belief, especially moms.  The reason I say moms is because I think as moms we criticize other women/moms so much, we compare ourselves way too much, and we carry the weight of not only our crap on our shoulders but our children, husbands, friends, jobs, the dogs, the house, you name it, we carry it.  We can easily lose our self in taking care of others and we forget that we, our self, are worth it.  We forget that all of our energy, sweat, and many many tears we put into our life whether it be as a person who is single and works, a mom who works at home or a mom who works outside the home, that we really wonder sometimes - is what I am doing worth it?  For myself, I am always asking- The things I say, do, teach, love, pray, for my children - is it worth it? Are they learning and growing to be people that love God with all of their hearts and will be loving and kind to every single person they meet in their lives? Will they ever become unselfish and think of others always before themselves? 
Is all the work of writing lesson plans, praying and worrying if my students are safe and feeling loved when they walk in my classroom and when they go home at night, the grading of countless papers, meetings, being personally attacked by parents, co-workers, studying for state tests, preparing the students to pass their state tests - Is it all worth it?
When marriage, family, and  friendships get hard, really hard - is it worth it? 
Yes - it is. To every single question of doubt - there is that dreaded word again, that so lovingly makes its presence known a lot in my life lately.  God has placed me, and He has placed you in the life He has planned, that makes it worth it.  The hard part is truly believing that.  I am thankful that I came across this quote today, I needed this reminder.  It is sometimes hard to believe that our self -worth can only come from Christ, no one or no where else.  We tend to search for it in other ways, those may be temporary but not eternal like it is found in Christ.  I am thankful that I am worth it, this life is worth it. I pray that I can just believe it, I am still praying - "Stay with me Jesus, stay with me in my mess of doubt."  
This scripture has always been a favorite - reminds me that God did create us each individually.  Thank you God for your comforting words. 
Psalm 139: 13-16
For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.    
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment