Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 143...Celebration

I am thankful for my husbands family today.  Both Josh's grandma and mom made me a very special made from scratch birthday dinner, and it was delicious.  My mom-in-law asked me what I would like for the meal as what cake I wanted, I chose my favorites, lasagna, and instead of a cake, I asked for their fabulous homemade cinnamon rolls!  While the food tasted amazing, what I am most thankful for is that they both took the extra time to prepare and make both of these items from scratch.  I truly believe when someone takes the time to cook and prepare food for someone, it is a huge act of kindness and love.  Cooking is definitely one of the ways Josh's family shows love for others, they are always cooking, and they will stay up all night to make delicious meals for people, not just family, but for people who have lost someone, people who are sick, and people who do not regularly eat a hot meal.  I am truly thankful for their loving hearts and being such great role models for myself and my children.  I am thankful for celebrating my birthday with family, thankful for a meal made with love.  God is good!
My goal singing and dancing for our entertainment today!


No comments:

Post a Comment