Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 134...A Cold Winter's Night

I absolutely love the cold crisp air, the way it makes you feel as if you can't breathe deeply because it hurts.  I love the fresh blanket of snow, it reminds me of new days and a new beginning.  I love how snow can sometimes just make you stay at home with family, eat comfort food, and just be together.  Tonight was a special night.  For the longest time I would read Landry Llam Llama Red Pajama before bed at night and at nap time, he and I both knew it so well that we could say it without looking at the pages.  Then all of a sudden, he decided he just wanted to look at the pages and "read" himself, so it has been awhile since he's wanted me to read this book.  It was so special, he would stare at me so intently as I would change my voice as I read, he would finish the sentences, and tell me what the pictures were about.  Even though three's are a trying age, I also love it because their personalities really start to explode.  I am so thankful for these special moments like I had with Landry tonight.
I am also thankful for my time with Hadley and Josh.  Since New Year's Eve we have all three started playing Wheel of Fortune on the Ps3, pretty fun, and it's a great time that we have with just Hadley.
I am also thankful for a snow day tomorrow! :) Yes, I know I have been on break, but really, it would have been torture to try and teach nearly 60 fourth graders on a Friday after being off for almost2 wks.  I am thankful that I am able to spend one more day with my kiddos, especially since Hadley was still on break with her school.  A lot of things to be thankful for today!  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment