Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 22...Something Peaceful about Water

I have always loved being outside by trees and water because there is just something peaceful about it.  This afternoon after a long day at school, I had the pleasure of sitting by one of the lakes here in Athens.  This lake is beautiful and surrounded by trees.  As I sat down in the grass and just stared off watching kids play in the water, dogs swimming, people sunbathing, and an older lady sitting in her chair off by herself reading a book, I couldn't help but just smile.  Perhaps water brings out the joy, laughter, and a sense of calmness in people.  I could have sat there all evening, just watching people, and staring out into the water.  I am thankful that water is one of many beautiful creations by God. I am thankful for the peace that it brings me.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment