Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 16...Recovering

It has been a long week since my surgery. I have realized that I am not a very good patient that likes to just lay around and not do anything. I have cabin fever and am so ready to feel "normal" again.  I haven't written all week because I just haven't felt in the right state of mind to write.  One of the bad things about having to stay inside and on bed rest is that you have so much time to think.  While it can be good to think, it can also be bad.  My thoughts of doubt, fear, anxiety, and stress slip back in and start to control my mind.  This in turn effects my emotional and mental state and it can be a downward spiral.  I am thankful for my friends who have checked on me, brought food, took care of my laundry, and drove me to my appointments.  My friends are glimpses of God showing me that He is still in control and taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment