Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 11...Celebrating My Nephew's Baptism

Today was a celebratory day.  My nephew Gabe was baptized by his grandfather and my brother.  I have seen many baptisms and every single time my eyes fill with tears and of course today was no exception.  Choosing to publicly show your decision that you have accepted Christ into your life and that for the rest of your life, you choose to live for Him is the most important decision a person can make.  I am so thankful I was able to be apart of Gabe's special day today.  I am thankful for a day spent with family and seeing one of my very best friends that I haven't seen in a long time.
There were seven other people who were baptized today, two of them adult women.  Watching them be baptized reminded me of just how vast God's love and forgiveness is for us.  I remember so clearly the day I was baptized, I was thirteen years old on August 29, 1993. That was a day that forever changed my life for the better.  Today was a glorious day, for this I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment