Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 14...Taking My Own Advice

Sometimes I can be so great at trying to encourage others and give advice, but when similar situations happen to myself, I do not tend to take my own advice.  As I have mentioned before, of course there are crazy stressful stuff going on in my life, but I know of many others as well.  One particular person that I offered advice and tried to encourage just yesterday, reminded me today as I was spazzing out getting ready for my surgery tomorrow by saying my exact words I used: "God has got this. Let Him worry and take care of you." Ouch. Perhaps instead of worrying so much, I need to pray and remember God has my back. Thankful for the "gentle" reminders that God takes care of me despite my anxiousness and worry.
Thankful for:
1. Watching my sweet little guy sleep in the car today.
2. Playing with him at the park.
3. Taking my girl to get her hair cut and curled.
4. For my dad: he has always led the roles of both father and mother. He is here to be with me for my surgery tomorrow. Incredibly thankful for him.
5. Awesome people who have texted, emailed, came over, etc. to help me prepare and ask if I needed anything for my surgery, and let me know they are praying for me.
6. God answering prayers and providing.


No comments:

Post a Comment