Saturday, September 24, 2016

Shine

I notice that I have a pattern of not writing for months and then all of a sudden I feel this nudge to write again. I let the busyness of life keep me from doing things I love, one of which is writing.
This weekend I had the most amazing and life changing experience. Shine - a retreat for women to experience the power of prayer, healing, and to shine. It wasn't your normal retreat. This was a small group of 10 women and it dealt with very deep and raw emotions and hurt that we have faced. We were made aware of who God wants us to be and what He wants to be healed from.
Instead of sharing about this experience through words, I took pictures throughout the weekend. I am so thankful for this awesome place and for the great leaders who lead this group.
 Love that this is on a horse farm - therapeutic.
 Abby and Tango -
 The  most lovable horse - seriously awesome.

 God gave us such a beautiful day.

 Serenity

 Abby - she literally would just lay her head on me as if she were hugging me. It was incredible.
My view while singing. 
There is something about water and nature that can really help me connect to God and what He is trying to tell me.


Getting our craftiness on.

My story board - In the corner are the lies that we believe about ourselves. The rest of the board are pictures, words that God wants us to believe about ourselves. Each of ours were so unique and told our story. I painted a cross over the lies to remind me that Jesus died for all of those lies that Satan likes to throw in our faces.

We were to paint/draw on our flower pot something that God is wanting us to grow in. The spiritual meaning of my name is - Cherished. He is beginning to teach me that I need to believe that I am cherished by Him.


Making time to do the things I love - nature and photography.


Sunset - no other words needed

Ended the night with pizza and a campfire

We were given rocks as a reminder of what Truth we need to repeat and say anytime we start believing lies about ourselves. These are the words that came to mind in red - after praying with one of our awesome leaders - she revealed to me that what God is trying to reveal is that I need to believe I am Accepted by Him - no matter what.  So I added ACCEPTED in blue.

What the front of our rocks say. Pray. Heal.Shine


Journaling




Excited to begin a new journey of truly dealing with deep issues that God is revealing and to start living in His truths and becoming the person He has created me to be. 
What I believe about myself - REJECTED
What God wants me to believe about myself - ACCEPTED 


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing! I cannot wait to hear about it! I miss you! Love you! So glad you are writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog.. it's inspire me to write my own..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Case Studies Solutions They are not able to finish the writing assignments on time. For some students, writing any writing assignments is able to waste their time

    ReplyDelete
  4. harvard case study solutions Get the dissertation writing service students look for these days with the prime focus being creating a well researched and lively content on any topic.

    ReplyDelete